Saturday, March 2, 2019

Village Ministry Day 3

Today we travelled to the village of Los Cholitos. We started hanging out with the kids that came while smaller groups went around the village inviting more children to join us. We played with the kids for a couple hours and performed a play as well as assisted the children with crafts. In each of these activities we were able to share the gospel message. Then after lunch, the team split into two groups; the first stayed and hung out with the kids while the second group went door to door evangelizing. Many good conversations were had with the people in the village about Christ.

Team Guatemala 2019

Parachute games

Stephen doing magic tricks with the kids

Kailey and Jason

Esau sharing with the kids

Morning kids ministry


From Sheylah:

I went with the group that traveled door to door evangelizing, and it really challenged me spiritually. During the summer, I generally spend the majority of it sharing the gospel with little kids, so it’s been really encouraging to be able to share Christ’s love again with the people here. I love how open the villagers are to foreigners coming into their homes and sharing the gospel with them. They aren’t scared or hesitant of sharing their struggles; they’re very open about it. I love being able to spend my time and energy in spreading the love of Christ. God is so good in both the easy times and the hard struggles that every person endures. I am praying that ultimately God will be glorified during this trip.

Sheylah


From Toby:
I was in the group that stayed and played with the kids. One thing that got me thinking was when some of the kids asked me for my water bottle. I gave him a full one and told them to share it but had to help them along with this as they all wanted it to themselves. This opened my eyes to a worldly flaw I was holding on to. We often think that the best thing we can do for people in 3rd world countries is to supply them with material things and this will make them happy. Yes, this can be a good thing to do, but really the best possible thing we could do for them or for anyone is to share the gospel and God’s love.

Toby

No comments:

Post a Comment