Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Headed Home!

From Taylor:
¡Hola a todos!

Today we had to leave the beautiful country of Guatemala. We were at the bus at 3:15 this morning to make sure we made it to the airport with plenty of time for customs and security. We were all pretty tired this morning heading to the airport, but so thankful for the work that the Lord did through us this week! We stopped in Houston and Denver before arriving at our final destination... home! Although we are very excited to be back with our families, none of us were quite ready for the 84° weather difference that welcomed us tonight!

Leaving Guatemala City

The green shirt: Jesus came, died, was put in the tomb,
was resurrected, and is coming back again!

Out of the three missions trips that I have been on, this one was the most impactful on my life. The last two I went in with the mindset of it being more of a fun time where I got to share the Lord on the side rather than that being the focus and being intentional to share Christ. This year I went in wanting the Lord to grow and stretch me, and that is exactly what He did. We did a lot of door-to-door Evangelism this year and this really took me out of my comfort zone. I have never been one to take hold of an opportunity to share Christ, but rather I shy away, and on this trip I was not really able to do that. It challenged me to live my life in line with what Christ desires and share his love with others in everything I did. Nowhere in the Bible do we see the followers of Jesus not making disciples, and that hit home with me this week. My goal as I return home is to continue sharing His truth with those that I come in contact with and be bold in what He is asking me to do. I also hope to be more intentional with my last few months in MT to encourage those who are believers to keep pressing on in the Lord and asking how I can pray for and encourage them.

It is neat to see the ways in which the Lord works especially in the themes He brings up in my life. Before I left my mom and I were praying that the Lord would stretch me this week, and that was what the first day of devotions was about. Baptism is also something that has been on my mind a lot lately, and to hear the pastor in Guatemala speak on that topic in Sunday service was a total God thing! I have been praying about being baptized for a while and feel like it is something that Lord has laid on my heart and is calling me to do. So this sermon was very applicable for me.

Getting to fellowship with the translators was also a highlight for me this week. To see their hearts for the Lord and the fire that they have for Him was very neat! There were many fun times with them throughout the week, but especially the last night playing games and laughing with each other and enjoying one another’s company! I am praying that the Lord will use this trip to forever change me and use it to grow me, and I am also praying and hoping to return sometime in the future! Lord, send me por favor!!
Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment