Monday, March 4, 2019

Village Day 4

Hola! Today was a bit longer as we started off the day in the village of 46. Here we did children's ministry in the school, which entailed games, crafts, and sharing the gospel with about 100 kids. After we ended our time in the school, we drove to Los Cholitos and went out to do evangelism to more houses and at the water well. In the evening, we were a part of the church service and children's ministry at the Los Cholitos Church, Casa de Libertad. The team saw two people surrender their lives to the Lord today! We said our goodbyes to the kids and people of the area. For dinner we were treated with a cake for Noemi and Guinder's (two of our translators') anniversary.


Ministry in the Village of 46 School!

Parachute games

Stephen with some of his buddies

Kids ministry 

Church in Los Cholitos


From Owen:
Today I reflected on how it would be coming back the states and how different it would feel and compare to the culture of Guatamala. The Guatamalan's hospitality is on the opposite spectrum of how welcoming and receiving Americans are to hear the gospel. After the first door to door evangelizing session, it became so easy to talk to the people about the Lord and they loved hearing our testimonies and us praying for their families. My goal is to try my best to use opportunities that God gives me to share the gospel with people I meet in the States. I want to keep my boldness I have here and use it in the States.

It has also been good for me to not worry about timing and scheduling and just leave it to God's timing. I'm nervous to see how I see people in the States act versus the people of Guatemala. I feel like I will be disappointed to see some of what I see the people say and do and how they treat others. I want to be able to demonstrate the openness and transparency I've had to the people about my life and bring it to the family and friends back in the States. All in all I'm sad that I have to leave tomorrow, but happy to see family and friends. I will try to be a better example for the Lord and not care what others will say or do to me, I should not have to fear.

Owen


From Kailey:
Today I was able to reflect on the whole trip so far. It has been amazing seeing everyone step out of their comfort zone and use their individual spiritual gifts to share about God and His love. I have been challenged by pushing through when I am tired and hot, but it is amazing how God will give you strength if you ask. Today while we were going door to door evangelizing we met a guy who had such a passion for Christ and wanted to continue to learn more about God however he could. As we talked, it made me want to have a deeper knowledge of God's word and have a desire to fellowship with other believers. Later in the night when were back at the hotel, Mitch, one of the missionaries talked with us and told us a little about himself. He was saved along with all but one of his siblings by going to a Wednesday church service when he was a teenager. He talked about the parable of the sheep and the goats and where we stand before the Lord. He explained that as believers we should want others come to know Christ so that they can eternally be with Him and not separated from Him. It was a very spiritually challenging and encouraging day. I am sad to go and will miss all the kids I met and I thank God for how he has grown me closer to Him.

Kailey

No comments:

Post a Comment