Saturday, March 3, 2018

Day 6: Work Day 4

This morning the students and adult males on our team went out door to door evangelizing near the camp and farm while the adult ladies went and had a sweet fellowship time sharing testimonies with Pastor Edwin and Pastor Jossiel's wives Eslee and Gissell and a couple other church ladies. Both were very encouraging times where we saw the Lord at work!

Ladies fellowship time

In the afternoon the students did more sports evangelism playing volleyball and also performing the "Sin Chair" play and Via Dolorosa song in order to share Christ. The adults went door to door evangrlizing in Merida alongside church members. The Lord had gone before and opened the hearts of many of the houses we visited to be very open to the gospel message. May He continue to draw hearts to salvation in Him!

Headed out evangelizing

At sports evangelism time

Balloons for the kids!
Nicole, Shawna and Landa

Elena, Kiana, and Cambrie

Soccer!

Talking during sports evangelism time

Amber and Alex

Balloon animals at sports evangelism time!

We are beyond blessed by the Lord's graciousness in allowing us to be here serving with the Nicaragua family of Christ!

From Konnor May, Senior:
Here in Nica our time is short. That thought has really been on my mind recently. Does my time in Nicaragua have to be short? I have not fully prayed through this as much as I want to but maybe soon there will be a time when I won’t return. God has shown His mercy in my life by giving me the opportunity to share my testimony, even though there is much to regret about my past life. One of our translators Keing is a man that has encouraged me in pursuing my current evangelizing goal and has showed me what my life should be characterized by. Never have I been so full of the Lord and the joy that His love truly brings. In sharing my testimony, it’s been a time of peace. This morning we had the opportunity to evangelize. I was the first to speak. Keing and I seemed to have connected in sharing our testimonies and he just reminded me to pray, pray, pray for the lady to truly understand what Jesus’ word means. I do not fully know where this lady is in her life, but she reminded me of myself before I knew the Lord—close, but not quite there.

As the day continued, we students received another opportunity to present Christ with sports and once again we lost at volleyball. But hey, we had the platform and we performed the sin chair play and Kristi and Nicole did a presentation in sign language. I had the opportunity to continue practicing my Spanish where I met the soccer coach who told me of his experience and the time he snapped his leg. Let’s just say we should thank God for our doctors. Life is good and full of joy, but what I found on this trip is that Jesus is better.

Konnor




From Cambrie Shea, Senior:
This week here in Nicaragua has gone by so quickly I still feel like I just got to the camp and started the work, but in reality we have been here working hard for a week having fun with kids and sharing the love of Jesus with the Nicas. Today as I was sharing my testimony I told the lady that I had never been tempted or done anything that the others had done, but after I said that I felt like I got hit in the head and realized that I actually was facing those temptations almost daily just as she told me her son did. It hit hard because I felt like I was doing pretty good spiritually on this trip and all of the sudden I get hit with this realization and makes me feel like I don’t even know myself. But I know God did that for a reason because I was getting too comfortable in my life and the ignoring of the temptation was like background music, so God had to make it known to me by breaking me.

Cambrie during morning devotion

Then we went to Merida to play another game of volleyball like yesterday, and we did not win, but it was still fun. And while there we started making balloon animals for the kids and it brought happiness to me as well as a realization that these kids don’t have much for toys down here, but their faces lit up when they got their swords, dogs, or a normal balloon they looked like they just won something huge. I am constantly being reminded how much I truly have and how I take it all for granted. For the closing I will say it was so much fun singing songs of praise to God in the back of the truck on our drive home from Merida. It was truly amazing and I can imagine how much that glorified God.




No comments:

Post a Comment