Monday, February 26, 2018

DAY 1: TRAVEL DAY


We made it to Nicaragua! Each day different team members will be sharing their experiences and where the Lord is at work!

From Stephen Ethridge, Junior:

Today was the first day of the trip and we did a lot of traveling. In the morning we said bye to our families and departed at 6 a.m. from the Bozeman airport to Salt Lake City. We had roughly a two hour layover in Salt Lake to grab some breakfast, and then we headed to Atlanta and arrived at about 2:15 p.m. Then we had a four hour layover in Atlanta, and departed for Managua, Nicaragua at about 6 p.m.

Team pic in the Atlanta airport

Kristi, Taylor and Peyton

Carmel, Nicole and Kiana

Sunset heading out of Atlanta for Managua

We are all very excited for the trip and the opportunities we will have. I personally am looking forward to the conversations that I will be able to have with the believers and unbelievers in Nicaragua. Having been on a mission’s trip to India twice before, I know a little bit of what to expect, but every mission’s trip is different and filled with their own pleasures and hardships. It is a good reminder for all of us to be flexible and just to go with the flow and let God take care of all the little things.

I feel that God has called me to be a leader on this trip and shine His light to the unbelieving people of Nicaragua. I look forward to spending time with the kids and showing them magic tricks. One of the biggest things I am looking forward to is growing in my relationships with my classmates and serving the Lord with them. God is going to do great things on this trip, and day one was a great and safe day of travel.

Alex, Konnor, Stephen, Noah and Peyton in Managua

From Carmel Sipes, Parent:
Carmel was asked to share the testimony of how God led her to come on the trip!

I had thought about going on a mission trip before, but never really heard from the Lord about it. I prayed about going to Nicaragua but did not hear from the Lord until the day the application was due. When Ki asked if I was going, I first answered “No.” Then I felt the Lord say “Yes, you are going.” That brought me to tears…tears of joy and fear! I was so excited about the trip, talking with others, and praying with my small group. Then in December, the fascia in my left foot tore. The doctor assured me it would be all healed by the time we were to leave for Nicaragua. It did not heal as the doctor said, and I felt pangs of doubt about the trip. I continued to pray and asked others to pray as well. I still had doubts about coming on the trip. In my mind, I planned on telling Mr. Goede I needed to back out; but that never happened. God was faithful to His yes to me, and here I am, typing this to you as we fly south to Nicaragua! :)

"The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me; your steadfast love, O LORD, endures forever. Do not forsake the work of your hands." Psalm 138:8

From Team:
We were greeted with an amazing Nicaragua welcome at the airport by Pastor Hamilton and his family along with many of the church members! Carmel remarked, "It was so heartfelt that it brought a smile to my face and joy to my heart! It was so welcoming and we feel right at home here!"

Alex, Daniel, and Noah

At the Managua airport
At the Managua airport

We made it to the team hotel and are really looking forward to team orientation and then heading on to Ometepe Island! We thank the Lord for a smooth day of travel!

Thank you for praying along with us!


No comments:

Post a Comment