Saturday, March 5, 2016

HERE WE GO AGAIN!!

In the past, this blog site has been the home of Heritage Christian School junior/senior mission trips to Nicaragua. Those trips occur every other year, so this year, 2016, is the "off year".

But, in this off year, God has put together another team to travel down to work with Project H.O.P.E. in Managua. This team is comprised of married couples, a family, Heritage teachers, a dental hygienist, Heritage students and MSU students. Though we are from several local church bodies, we are being sent out from New Beginnings Church in Bozeman.

We will leave Bozeman early on Thursday, March 10 and return Saturday, March 19. As of today, we don't know exactly what the work there will entail. We may again build houses, do VBS, minister at the women's cancer ward, prostitution ministry and dump ministry. Or we may do something entirely different. We are going with open hearts and open minds, wanting only to serve Jesus, our Lord.

We will post to the blog daily so you can follow our ministry and know how to pray. Please pray for us - it is immensely important!

Introducing the 2016 team - who we are and why we are going...


Victoria Alvarado

Hi. I'm Vikki, I'm 18 and a senior at Heritage Christian School. I went to Nicaragua for the first time last year, and when I heard of the chance to go back, I had to take it. I'm going back because I loved helping with the kids, and sharing the Gospel at the school and VBS. I love the culture and the people down there and I can't wait to go back and share Christ's love with them again!


Tim Borgogna

My name is Tim Borgogna. My wife and I moved to Bozeman about two years ago to pursue our graduate studies at MSU. We have loved our time here and have been blessed to fellowship with New Beginnings Church. Going to Nicaragua is a stretch for me. As the last year has progressed I have learned that I am fearful of trusting God to lead my life wherever He desires; however, if I claim to be in Christ I must be obedient to His commands.

Joanna Borgogna

I'm Joanna (Jo). I'm finishing up my second year as a Micro/Immuno grad student at MSU. My hobbies include programming, hiking, reading and baking. I have always felt an intense call for international missions, for the lost and for the poor. On a daily basis, I'm privileged to serve alongside many of the members of New Beginnings that are also going on this trip so needless to say, I am SO excited to not only be able to serve our God overseas but also alongside some of my most favorite people!

Grace Fregoso

Hello! My name is Grace Fregoso, I am a freshman at MSU and I am studying Kinesiology. I am very excited for our trip to Nicaragua because I believe God is going to use me to do His work and show His love through my actions. I am here to do His work because that is what I am called to do. I believe God is going to change my heart during this experience and my relationship with Him will only grow.


Gerry Goede
 
I'm Gerry Goede and I teach at Heritage Christian School and am the administrator. This will be my fourth time going to Managua with Project. H.O.P.E. I have led the junior/senior teams from Heritage and each time it has been very encouraging to see God work through the team's hearts and in the hearts of those whom we get to serve. I truly enjoy going because it allows us to serve local pastors and their churches to help share the love and good news of Jesus Christ. It also helps me to remember how God is working mightily in all parts of the world.

Pat Goede

This will be my third trip to Nicaragua with Project H.O.P.E. I love reaching out to the Nica people - literally and in love and service. And I've loved watching the Lord work in the hearts and minds of the team members as we've built homes and served in churches, a cancer ward, a prostitution ministry and a dump ministry. As we return this year, I'm looking again for what will give God honor and glory. I'm excited to see the progress in the ministry at Taellor's House and the Pastor's Training Center.


Eli Gossack

I am a senior at Heritage Christian School. I went to Nicaragua last spring with the Heritage juniors and seniors and was so blessed. When I heard about the opportunity to go again this spring, I was immediately interested. God has blessed me with the money to go and I am so excited to see how He will work in and through us differently on this year's trip.


Amber Lundskog

 My name is Amber Lundskog. I am the Athletic Director and P.E. teacher at Heritage Christian School and a youth leader at New Beginnings Church. I am going on this trip because God calls us to go and make disciples of all nations. This will be my sixth time to Central America (4 times to Honduras and second time to Nicaragua) and God has given me a heart for the Central American people. I also believe it is important to have an ongoing partnership with overseas missionaries and mission organizations, so I am excited for the opportunity to serve with Project H.O.P.E. for the second year in a row. 

 
Craig May
The Mays
Vale, Konnor, Kristi, Craig
Mckinlee, Quinton

Well, I am God’s child looking for a deeper relationship with my Creator.  This will be my second time on the Nicaragua missions trip.  This time I am looking to see what God has for my family as we all are in it together this round.   I am very busy with our excavation business here on this side of the world , but in Nicaragua I see more clearly “the plans I have for you”, God says.  Each time I stretch myself I hope to be able to see more clearly to make an impact on my family and those that will come to know a Carpenter that came to save us from the bondage of this life.   
 
Kristi May

What a blessing to be able to share this time with my family and friends.  As God has placed a myriad of emotions, fear, excitement, joy, and loss of control in front of me, I am learning to lay it at His feet. I pray that I will be a faithful servant to what God has in store for me on this trip.  That my heart will be open to the Nicaraguan people, and that I will love and serve in a way that shows God's perfect Love.  

Vale May (17)

Hi my name is Vale May and I am a senior at Heritage Christian School. Last year I had the opportunity to go down to Nicaragua as part of the junior/senior trip. This year my my whole family we be going on the trip. I am excited to see what God will use our family to accomplish, and also what He will show each of us.

Konnor May (15)

My name is Konnor May, I am the second of 4 children. I have always grown up in a Godly family, but fairly recently I have accepted God and all that comes with being called a  Christian. I have accepted whatever that looks like. In my walk faith has stuck with me; how I have to be open for all He has in store, including consequences. This lead me to the opportunity to go on the Nica trip with my whole family, giving us all a huge opportunity to show God through our lives.

Quinton May (13)

Mckinlee May (11)

My name is McKinlee May and I am going to Nicaragua with my family.  I'm excited to see the kids but also scared about how to communicate with them.  I am going because I want to show other kids that we can be missionaries too.


Macy Shea

I am a senior at Heritage Christian School.  Last spring break I had the privilege of going to Nicaragua with the school and I loved it. I loved playing with the kids, hearing about how God has been working down there, and serving the Nicas. That was my first missions trip. This will be my second and I hope to take advantage of more opportunities with the people there and share the amazing love of Christ with them.


Dore Stutterheim

Hello! My name is Dore'. I was born and raised on a ranch north of Livingston,MT, and came to Bozeman 4 years ago after graduating from Shields Valley High School. I attended Montana Bible College receiving a 1 year in Biblical Studies, and since then, I have been pursuing my love for children through nanny jobs as well as my interest in the dental field by working at a Gallatin Valley Pediatric Dentistry. I enjoy meeting people, trying new things, camping, hiking, sports, and eating frozen yogurt! When I get wrapped up in "my little world", the thought that everything in this life is fleeting except for God's Word and people has a way of refocusing my priorities. I want to go on this trip to encourage and to show the light of Christ to people I interact with as well as broaden my worldview since I have never been on a missions trip or out of the country before.The Lord has opened the door for this trip to Nicaragua, and I am so excited to see what He has is in store


Tricia Stutterheim

My name is Tricia Stutterheim and I’m a Montana girl with a love of thrift stores, hiking, black and white films and anything that involves kids, art projects and history! As a teacher at Heritage Christian School, I am grateful for the opportunity to pursue my passions every day! I love teaching and I’m thankful for the showers of blessings that I receive as I pour over the precious words of my Lord and Savior and explore the world of learning with some of my favorite people in the world; my students! So, why go to Nicaragua?  I cannot help but say, “Because that is where God wants me.” I didn’t go “looking” for a mission’s trip, but God opened those doors for me nonetheless and I know that I would be a fool not to go where He sends me. I am humbled to be a part of God’s plan to point others to Jesus Christ, and I am convinced beyond the shadow of a doubt that God will use this in my life to grow me in my walk with Him. So if just one person is ushered into God’s family as a result of our time in Nicaragua, or if God uses this to deepen my faith, or eternally affect the lives of my students with the testimony of His love, it’ll be worth it!


Today, we had our last meeting before Thursday's departure where we wrapped up some details, practiced our skits and packed the ministry and gift bins.





 



No comments:

Post a Comment