Thursday, February 28, 2019

Village Ministry Day 1

Here's a quick summary of today:
Today was our first day of ministry. We started our day with oration and breakfast, then we drove in the bus to a village right outside of Cuilapa. We spent the morning at the church and soccer field playing with the kids, doing skits, and sharing Jesus’ love with them. After we ate our lunches we went door to door sharing the gospel and praying with the people there. Then we drove back to the hotel, had fun cooling off in the pool, ate a very yummy dinner, listened to a testimony, worshiped, and played games.

Playing soccer in the village

Sin Chair skit

Spanish 3 students sharing the gospel

Sheylah

From Shelbea:
Today God really opened my eyes to the joy of the villagers. It was so incredible to see the joy the kids had, even if they didn’t have shoes on their feet, they couldn’t stop laughing and smiling. They were content with the presence of others. Their joy and love was a testimony to me in my life that I need to thank God for the many things I take for granted, and that I need to share His joy and love with others. After playing with the kids we split into groups to go door to door evangelizing. This was one of my biggest fears going into this trip, that I wouldn’t represent Christ well and share what He had done for me. When we got to our first house I was so amazed by the love the woman showed to us, she asked us to come into her home and we sat down and shared with her. I realized that is not about how well I could tell other about God, but that God is working whether or not I do it “right.” Today is on our first day of missions and Christ had already grown me so much and I can’t wait to see what He does in me and other this week.

Shelbea


From Jessica:
We are only one day into our trip, and I already feel like God has shown me so much that I never even thought about before. This is my first time out of the United States, and while I knew that there were people in the world outside of Bozeman, I never actually realized that there are real human beings here too; living, breathing, crying, hoping, hurting, loving people. And God has so graciously given me this opportunity to bring His love to them. The other main thing that God has shown me today is that if we choose to obey Him, He will give us the power to do His will. I was completely terrified in at least two different points, worrying about something coming up, and each time God gave me the courage and love to continue in what He wanted me to do: I was anxious about meeting people in the village; once I actually met them He gave me His love for them. I was stressed about sharing the Gospel door to door; He provided wonderful people to lead the way and support me and He took away all the fear. I am so excited to see how God continues to provide for me and the rest of the team throughout the rest of the trip!

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment